Zone·tv strives to support each other’s professional growth.
Our culture and values focus on allowing individuals and teams to achieve excellence. We provide a flexible working environment and give employees ownership and responsibility in order to nourish innovation and attract top talent.
Work with an exceptional team
Learn from the best and join our team to help us deliver high-profile video and interactive experiences for the world’s top media and video distribution platforms.
Accelerate your skills
We’re always learning and refining our skills. We use cutting-edge technology and services to provide the highest quality products.
Work in a great atmosphere
We provide a fun, flexible and collaborative environment to ensure people enjoy their work and perform to the best of their abilities.
Full Stack Developer—Full Time
Who we’re looking for:
We are looking for talented and motivated engineers to join our team here at zone·tv who can hit the ground running and take our products to the next level, as we scale up and develop our business in our target markets. The Full Stack Engineers work across the stack, always willing to go the extra mile to deliver the highest quality in scalable, robust software. As a developer for zone·tv you are building the tools today that will redefine tomorrow’s personalized TV viewing and interactive experiences.
Reports To: Engineering Manager
Location: Hybrid Remote & Office (Greater Toronto Area)
Zone·tv’s mission is to redefine the TV viewing environment by delivering a personalized entertainment experience filled with expertly curated, exciting new content discoveries. We are a technology and media company focused on providing consumers with A.I-driven viewing experiences through our Video Experiences and Interactive Channel product lines.
Zone·tv’s culture and values focus on allowing individuals and teams to achieve excellence. We provide a flexible working environment and give employees ownership and responsibility in order to nourish innovation and attract top talent. We also have a great range of benefits!
As a zone·tv employee you have the opportunity to:
- Work with an exceptional team
- Accelerate your skills with cutting edge technology and services
- Work hard and play hard in a fun and collaborative atmosphere where you can make your mark on high profile products that set a new benchmark in media and entertainment
- Work with world class media and technology companies such as HBO, Discovery, MGM, Warner, Comcast, DIRECTV, Bell, Rogers and many more…
Here’s where you come in:
Since your profession is a huge part of your life, we want it to be interesting (new technologies, subject matter, and challenges) and fun (company outings, lunch and learns, etc). Zone·tv employees work hard, support each other, are constantly challenged, while remaining excited about the next initiative the company has in store. We keep up with the latest technologies, tools and tricks of the trade – we’re always refining our approach, and everyone has a seat at the table when it comes to new ideas and advancing our position in the industry.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering
- You have 3+ years of professional experience developing backend services (Java, Node.js, .NET a plus)
- Machine Learning, Machine Vision, Data Mining or Machine Intelligence (Artificial Intelligence)
- You have experience with jQuery, XML, HTML, CSS
- You have a strong UX sensibility
- You can learn and integrate new technologies quickly
- You can work independently, as well as within a fast-paced team
- You have excellent communication skills
- Past experience in related device-specific middleware stacks, such as traditional pay tv set-top box, OTT devices will earn you serious points
Your Competitive Edge Over Other Candidates?
- You have worked with video playback and set-top devices/technologies
- Awareness of cross-browser compatibility issues and client-side performance consideration
- You have experience with SQL/noSQL or Graph databases
- You have an understanding of cloud-native application development (containerization, microservices, etc.)
- You have experience with other programming languages.
- Familiarity with Agile and DevOps principles, test-driven development, continuous integration, and other approaches to accelerate the delivery of new features
- You have experience with cloud providers: AWS, GCP, etc.
- Machine Learning/Data Science experience is a big plus
If this career opportunity and our company is calling your name, be sure to apply today. We’re moving fast!
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org